Blogging out of Ferndale, a suburb 18 miles north of Little Rock, Arkansas, the Interface combines ordinary with extraordinary photographs and a hint of good ol’ southern humor. I hope you will enjoy stopping by this blog occasionally for a brief moment of inspiration, just a giggle, and an occasional belly-laugh.
God bless ‘em!
Rules for this award include:
- Thank the super sweet blogger who made the nomination.
- Nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers (below…)
- And answer five questions:
This is always the hard part for Biltrix because there are 4 of us (and there’s 5 questions below… how does one cope?). On this occasion, we met for desert after breakfast this morning hoping to form some sort of consensus with regard to the following questions. The amazing thing is that we unanimously came up with the same 5 answers on the very first Australian ballot — Believe it or not!
- Cookie or cake? Oreo Cookie Cake (with Oreo Cookie Ice Cream and Oreo Cookies)
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Oreo Cookie Cake (with Oreo Cookie Ice Cream and Oreo Cookies)
- What is your favourite sweet treat? Oreo Coo… No. Actually, it’s a toss-up between lobster and Porto (because we don’t get to have them that often)
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Right before a dentist appointment
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? Of course that would have to be Biltrix! — Just kidding! Alright, this is somewhat embarrassing, but okay… If “Sweetness” is good enough for Walter Paton, it’s good enough for any of us.
Now the harder part…. We could nominate scores of super sweet blogs for this award and would love to do so, but we’ve been limited this time to just 12 +1, because it’s a baker’s dozen. Actually, a baker’s dozen can be 14 (here’s why); in fact, since the number is not specific, and it’s all about generosity anyway, we’re going to stretch it to 15 (just this once).
The Nominees for the Pretigeous Super Sweet Blogger Award are…
- Reinkat Catholic Iconographer
- Water My Flowers Lord You are the living water
- 1CatholicSalmon Not just another wordpress.com site
- Apronhead A word, song, a poem, a picture
- Catholic Libertarian Showing How Both Catholic and Libertarian Beliefs are Compatible
- Catholic1.net One in a billion
- Gracie’s Quest Life search for Christ
- Keep Life Legal Evangelical Pastors for Life
- LameHousewife A place to chat about God… & everything
- My Hope Box Catholic Campus Minister
- Servus FidelisThe Faithful Servant
- The Peanut Gallery My View of Life from the Cheap Seats
- The Rainy View Observing the struggle between light and dark from the heart of the West Coast since Saturday
- This Blogging Thing Touching Lives and Inspiring People
- Two Heads Are Better Than One
Honorable mentions – If you need a some suggestions for completing your baker’s dozen, be sweet and consider the following blogs for nomination:
- Citizen Tom Conservative commentary from outside the Beltway
- Comments from Cathy Life, family, friends and faith
- Walter Bright Where are you… Where are you going?
- Inspire My Life Walk with love and never walk alone
- Perpetual Learner Musings of a Priest in Glouster, MA
- 8 Kids and a Business Balancing a large family with a small business (already has the award)
- FlashVine Faith and Photography
- ForagingSquirrel Soul nuts, health nuts, mixed nuts
- Frangelico Institute for the Sacred Arts
- The Armchair Apologist Check this one out…
- Green Light Lady As a still lake reflects creation, so may our hearts reflect the Creator’s glory
- Linneann Everyday life in a special needs family
And soooo many more… Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the (new widget) 50 most recent blogs we’ve liked…
Awards are sweet but friends are sweeter, by far!
I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to thank everyone for following Biltrix, enlighening us all with your thoughtful comments, and “liking” what we do. A couple of weeks ago, I received this little icon from WordPress:
It made me think — J.R.R. Tolkien once observed:
“I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
Most people intuitively get the gist of this quote, though they find it too much trouble to interpret what it could possibly mean. So allow me to be clear, just this once, and express this is not at all how I regard the friendships we’ve established through blogging with one another — I esteem you all very deeply.
We’ve been blogging at Biltrix for almost a year and during this time we’ve come to know some fabulous people through their blogs and comments on this blog. If to know is to love, we have certainly come to love you. Keep up the super sweet blogging! Thanks also to all our Facebook and Twitter followers and God bless you all!