O Advent, thou season of preparation!
Advent began this year on December 1.
Maybe you’re feeling a bit down, because you missed it.
Or maybe you’re too bogged down in worldly affairs this “Holiday Season,” and you just aren’t feeling it yet.
Maybe You even forgot to be joyful on Gaudete Sunday. Not what you hoped it would be?
Buck up! Even Scrooge caught the spirit in the eleventh hour, and so can you. Need a boost?
Here’s a collection of Advent articles to warm up your spirit and get you ready for Christ’s coming at Christmas. We recommend taking one or two a day – like vitamins.
- Advent Tip #1: Who Is My John the Baptist?
- Advent Tip #2: Reach Out
- Advent Tip #3: Finding God’s Will
- Advent Tip #4: Your Soul Is the Manger
- Advent Tip #5: Life Itself Is an Advent
- Advent Tip #6: We’re Expecting More Than Christmas
- Advent Tip #7: Learn from Mary
- December 17-23: O Antiphons
- December 17: O Sapientia (O Wisdom)
- December 18: O Adonai (O Lord)
- December 19: O Radix Jesse (O Root of Jesse)
- December 20: O Clavis David (O Key of David)
- December 21: O Oriens (O Dayspring)
- December 22: O Rex Gentium (O King of the nations)
- December 23: O Emmanuel (O With Us is God)
- Still More Advent Articles on Biltrix
And here’s an old favorite song to get you in the mood. Happy Advent!