With the great weather we’ve been having this spring, maybe you are already looking forward to a long deserved getaway: a long drive through the countryside, visiting Grandma, a big home-cooked meal, maybe even biting the ears of a big chocolate rabbit or two.
But are you ready for Easter?
What actually comes to your mind when you think about Easter? Do you think about this?
There are just 3 more days to get ready for Easter, the Solemn Feast of Feasts: Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Holy Saturday.
Here are 3 things you can do to get ready in just 3 days:
- Attend the liturgical celebrations at your parish during these next three days. If you’ve never been to Church on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and the Easter Vigil Mass at on Holy Saturday evening, you have no idea what you are missing!
- Read, reflect, and pray on the Gospel passages about our Lord’s suffering and death (Matthew 26-27, Mark 14-15, Luke 22-23, John 12-19); Then on Easter Sunday, read the passages on Christ’s resurrection (the concluding chapters of each Gospel)
- Make sure you go to confession before Easter Sunday if you have not done so already during Lent
If you have not been to confession in a while, the following short articles could give you some very helpful tips:
- Going to Confession
- Why Confess Your Sins to a Priest?
- Do I Really Have to Confess All My Sins?
- Fr. Z’s Tips for Making a Good Confession
Finally, one last highly recommended suggestion: Pray the rosary (meditating on the sorrowful mysteries). Then on Easter Sunday, when you reflect on the joyful mysteries, which concern his victory over death, your heart will be pumped with deep interior joy. That is what Easter is all about!
Reblogged this on Perpetual Learner.