Thank you, Gracie’s Quest for nominating Biltrix! We are honored and humbled by this award.
When it comes to inspiring bloggers, you can’t do more to inspire your readers than encouraging them to live their lives in search of Christ, as Gracie surely does with Gracie’s Quest. Her mission statement says it all:
“I will stand for His word, I will love him and my neighbor, and I will defend the right to do so.”
Please, pay Gracie’s Quest a visit. And keep up the great work with your inspiring blogging, Gracie!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
It is actually Fr Joseph Tham’s turn to say 7 things about himself, but he happens to be in Taipei, Taiwan, this summer. However, many of you will be happy to know that Fr Tham recently submitted a new article for Biltrix, which we will be posting soon. Meanwhile, here are 7 things you might not know (might not want to know) about James Stone:
- Since my last injury playing what everybody else thought was flag football, I’ve taken up disc-golf. Fr Jason Smith plays disc-golf too and he usually beats me, but he hasn’t scored an Ace yet; I scored two in a row. (Did I mention that already?).
- I’m really not a competitive person. Really.
- I enjoy teaching and I am passionate about it. It’s my vocation. And I love it!
- What I love most about teaching is my students. I have been blessed to teach some of the most dedicated, disciplined, enthusiastic, and intelligent students in the world.
- I have also been blessed to be part of a faculty with the greatest team of professors in the world. They never stop raising the bar, challenging the students, and improving the program as a team. All of them are truly great educators and professors.
- I love Westerns. Tombstone is my second favorite Western (after Shane). Here’s a sample clip: Tombstone is a Catholic movie (anyone who’s seen it would probably disagree). This is not just because Doc Holiday receives the Sacraments on his deathbed, but it has everything to do with that. To understand why, you have to watch it from beginning to end at least twice (and read into it as much as I do).
- I’m almost embarrassed to say how many times I’ve seen Tombstone. Then again I can’t say, because I lost count.
- Feeling compelled to add just one more thing — I am very inspired by the following bloggers:
Nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- The Interface
- Two Heads Are Better Than One
- The Peanut Gallery
- 1 Catholic Salmon
- Where are you… Where are you going?
- Lame Housewife
- Catholic Nomad
- My Hope Box
- Keep Life Legal
- Truth and Tolerance
- Catholic Libertarian
- Citizen Tom
- Catholic Diatribes
- Foraging Squirrel
- This Blogging Thing
- 8 Kids and a Business (already has the award)
- Comments from Cathy (already has the award)
- [In Pectore — SR]
- Public Catholic (just learned she’s headed over to Patheos — All the best, Rebecca!)
- Perpetual Learner
Please visit all of these blogs if you have not done so already when you have a chance. I’m sure you’ll find them all very inspiring. They certainly inspired me.
I’ll put in a word for Truth and Tolerance. This is a new blog I stumbled across that belongs to a former student of mine: witty, DRY — I’m talkin’ DRY — sense of humor (unless he’s talking about the rite of exorcism), and a great writer. He promises to be a very inspiring blogger.
Keep up the inspring blogging, Y’all, and God bless each one of you!
I had forgotten about Tombstone until you and Jeff Walker at Dolce Domum (sp?) both mentioned it. I remember liking it when I was young and maybe, for the reasons you stated, that is why–it hinted at something more. Thank you, Biltrix! God bless…
You are very welcome and many thanks in return!
Congratulations! Thanks for the mention! 🙂
You’re most welcome Cathy!
I have nominated you for a few awards. They are waiting for you here – http://catholibertarian.com/2012/08/04/thank-you-so-much/
Thank you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Thanks Teresa! And congratulations on all these awards. You deserve it.
Just so you know, I already received the other two awards. I appreciate the kindess and I love your blog. I look forward to following it more, now that I’ve gotten my server issue resolved. God bless!
It’s great news to hear that you’ve resolved the server issue. Thank you for the compliment on my blog. God Bless!
Thanks! And Congrats to you!
Wow, thank you so much! I was already nominated for that award, but I am grateful for the re-nomination nevertheless. Thank you for thinking of me, I appreciate that so much. 🙂
I did not notice that you already had the logo on your blog; see it’s there now. At any rate, Thanks for the very inspiring blogging!
You are welcome, and same to you! 🙂
Hey father Jason, its mark p, 2, i love your blog keep up the good work
Thank you Mark. It’s going to be another great year!