That was not a joke. You can read all about Super-Blogger here, and then ask yourself, does he really have what it takes to be a Super Blogger? I’ll have more to say about that later.
But first, the real reason I called this meeting today: It’s the Super-Blog-A-Thon!
First things first. Tracy (Mike) and TC Sweat at Resting in His Grace are the ones to thank for TAGGING me in this blogAthon. If your name is mentioned below, that means I TAGGED you (that means YOU’RE IT, get it?). Before I explain the rules, two things. First, I would like to introduce the patrons of “Resting in His Grace” (from their about page).
“We’re just posting thoughts about God’s Word and His Kingdom (along with some other stuff). We love Jesus and His Church. We worship and serve Him with Lighthouse Baptist shepherded by Pastor Joey Rountree (read more).”
Please, delight yourself with a visit to their wonderful blog.
Second, do not feel obliged in any way to participate in this award. To that effect, the Sweats included the following disclaimer in their post to promulgate the award:
“The rules, which are not obligatory, by any stretch of the imagination… (in other words, please don’t feel obligated to do this if you have been tagged here),” that is followed soon enough by, “…should they choose to participate; I will in no way be offended or disappointed should they choose not to… Flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz will, however, swoop down on them when they least expect it.”
No worries, then. Let us proceed. Here are the rules:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the “tagger” has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers and tag them in their post.
5. These “lucky” bloggers must then be told.
6. No tag backs.
Rule six is important. If you tag me back, I’ll tag you back.
Questions for me to answer:
- Will you send me some jelly beans? Yes. Just send me a self-addressed-stamped-envelope with some jelly beans in it, and I will be happy to oblige.
- Why is Clint Eastwood your favorite actor? My heros have always been cowboys.
- How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Ask the owl.
- Who shot J.R.? It was Amanda, wasn’t it? (I swear I did not check Wikipedia or Google for that answer).
- Will you send me some jelly beans? They’re in the mail, already.
- Have zombies run their course and can we move on to another monster? I agree. Let’s revive the gremlins! I loved the gremlins!
- Would you make room for Pot Pie should his mother catch him on the couch again? Uh, gosh… That’s beyond my culture. You stumped me on that one.
- Would you support a boycott of golf, reality shows, and flying monkeys? Only if Michael Voris joins the boycott too.
- Will you send me some jelly beans? What am I, Ronald Reagan? Do I look like Ronald Reagan?
- What’s your preferred method of removing bumper stickers? Napalm. If that doesn’t work, Windex. If that doesn’t work, just cover ’em with duct-tape.
- Did you actually read this ridiculous post? Why? I read the whole thing twice, because I didn’t fully get it the first time.
Okay, that’s over… Now it’s my turn to ask the questions.
- If a picture paints a thousand words, then why can’t I paint you?
Just kidding! Besides, the words will never show the you I’ve come to know. 🙄
Here are the questions for you to answer if you got tagged (below):
- Have you ever read a dialogue by Plato?
- Do you know any foreign languages?
- How good are you at math?
- Are you a convert?
- Would you like to renew your baptismal promises?
- Do you reject Satan?
- And all his works?
- And all his empty promises?
- Do you believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth?
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born of the Virgin Mary was crucified, died, and was buried, rose from the dead, and is now seated at the right hand of the Father?
- Do you believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting?
If you answered “I do” to the last 6 questions, you just renewed your baptismal promises. Deo Gratias!
Now… If your name is one of the 11 names listed below, you got TAGGED, and you may be asking yourself Why did I get tagged?
So that you can tag someone else. C’mon! Spread the faith, y’all!
- My Blog (Not my blog, but Loopyloo’s blog… that’s just the name she gave her blog)
- Radiant Form (That’s Fr Jason Smith’s new photo-blog. Since he does not have many followers yet, I’ll be passing him some names, so get ready…)
- 8 Kids and a Business
- Water My Flowers Lord
- This Blogging Thing
- The Interface
- Comments from Cathy
- Catholic Libertarian
I mentioned the Radiant Form is partaking in the blogAthon, since I tagged him, so he’ll be tagging you soon, if you were thinking you got missed this time around. Beware the Flying Monkeys!!!
What’s to become of Clark Kent? Will Super Man now become the Super Blogger? If so, then welcome to the club. ALL of you are SUPER BLOGGERS!
Finally, in keeping with my blog-land-award-ceremonial tradition, here’s a gratuitous video of a cat playing with a dolphin (Ha! No one can resist a cat video! Especially where there’s dolphins involved!) _Enjoy!
I am still laughing out loud about your “sneaky” questions! Nice way to start the day. I was waiting to see if question No. 11a would be “how long has it been since your last confession?” 🙂 Thank you for this wonderful post.
I knew better than to ask that question!!! (Not saying that it didn’t come to mind, though). I look forward to seeing what questions you come up with. Thanks for always inspiring blogging and God bless!
I read part of this Post this morning but got sidetracked and didn’t even look to see who you had given awards to. I like the idea of coming up with your own questions. Could be tricky! God bless you my friend and thank you.
You are very welcome and God bless you too! I look forward to seeing what kind of tricky questions you come up with.
Peace of Christ!
Hello Biltrix – and thank-you for the tag! When I read #5 I said yes – I just did that this past Sunday!…then again you have pointed out we can do this at any time! 🙂
You’re welcome, Cathy. Of course we can renew our Christian commitments in our heart every day at any moment we choose. It’s also especially good to have those moments when we profess our faith as a community of believers. God bless!
Well said! What I appreciate about your comment is that we may do this, but we don’t stop to consider that this is what is taking place. Thanks for articulating this! What a nice thought to carry along with me…thanks!
Oh Biltrix- you sly devil- Ok- I accept and thank you! Will you send me some jelly beans?
Wait a minute! Squirrels don’t eat jelly beans!
Well, okay. Just this once.
Oh my goodness, just send the jelly beans already!! Thanks. This is gonna be fun, I think…….
(I think I drastically underestimated the potential of this jelly bean thing…)
You’re Welcome! Looking forward to your questions, Terry. God bless!
Awwww… that kitty and dolphin video is oh so cute! Thank you so much for tagging me. Yum Yum jellybeans 🙂 God Bless.
You’re welcome, Teresa. God bless you too!
A dialogue by Plato? You are going after an elect group. 🙂
I always like to encourage reading the Classics. I find that after what the Ancient Greeks and the Bible said, the rest is mostly footnotes. 🙂